Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving - a time to catch up!

I looked at my blog and was amazed that it's been over 2 months since I've posted.  YIKES!  So, mini catch up on the life of a pregnant wife/mom/nurse.

Pregnancy:
I'm getting big.  Baby is getting big.  I'm 29 weeks as of last Sunday so we are making progress!  I still think I'm closer to 31 weeks because I wanted to go with one of the other ultrasounds due dates.  But, since I had 6 ultrasounds in the 1st trimester there was a 12 day span to choose from.  Official due date 2/9/13.  Date I have in my head 1/12/13.  I would be 36 weeks and wouldn't have to automatically have the little one in the NICU.  Anything after 36 is frosting on the cake (although I might not feel like it by then as I think I'm going to be very uncomfortable.)  

Uncomfortable.  For being almost 30 weeks, I told my doc I feel a month ahead.  I didn't have much swelling with Hudson.  It was a nice surprise this week as I got to work and couldn't see my ankles.  Gotta love cankles!  Heartburn, had it with Hudson.  Came earlier with this one.  Yes!  Back pain - check.  I think carrying another kiddo has helped with that.  Little sleep - check!  Emotional -hmmm ask my husband.  But he got me roses this week.  I married a great guy! 

Baby is moving like crazy!  I love it most of the times, but sometimes I get a punch or a kick that stops me dead in my tracks.  Head is WAY down according ultrasound tech (thank you very much, I could tell) so the punches aren't comfortable.  And baby is measuring very tall - feet are in the ribs already!

I've been doing progesterone shots for 13 weeks now.  They are PAINFUL!  I'm starting to get lumps that won't go away.  So attractive I know.  BUT, all of these discomforts and pregnancy side effects aside, I'm excited that
1) baby is still hanging out in the womb
2) we are actually having a baby again (still hits me every now and then)!  
We are blessed!

Work
Still working in the observation unit in the ER.  I love the people I work with!  I'm not loving the night shift.  It's getting harder the farther along I get.  Sometimes, I float to the ER.  I thought I would love working in ER since I love critical care but it's way different from ICU critical care.  So, I don't know what to think about that. But I'm thankful for a job and the people I work with!

Hudson

The little man is growing like crazy.  We thought he was a little behind, but at his 15 mo check up he's right on track except for walking.  He's been walking along and holding onto things for 4 months but just won't let go!  I'm not too worried and doc says they don't get concerned until 18 months.  I can't believe how much fun I have with that kid.  It's hard some days...you lose a lot of freedoms becoming a parent, but so many rewards.



Home Life
It's been crazy.  Thats all I can say.  Dusty's working anywhere from 60-80 hours a week, I'm working 2 night shifts a week, I usually have a doc appt almost every week - soon to be twice A WEEK!  We've painted our house, painted our basement, redid the steps and will recarpet the basement.  Goal is to move guest bed to basement and get Hudson into the old guest room so the nursery will be free.  We'll see if we get there.  We always have a pack n play for the babe if we haven't moved Hudson yet.

 My grandma's been in the hospital, Dusty's aunt is in the hospital so it's been a little stressful with that as things haven't been good.  Prayers are appreciated!  The stomach flu hit the household and Dusty is traveling at least once a month.  I'm so wiped out half the time it's been hard getting Christmas shopping, laundry, dishes, cooking etc in.  But we are getting there!  One of my friends who has been living in India the past 8 months is back.  She came over for coffee and said I seem more mellow.  I took it as a compliment and noted that I don't have the capacity to get stressed over the little things.  And I don't feel the need to have everything together before you see me or come to my house.  Speaking of that - I love complany!   Hudson's nap times are great coffee times!  :)

The pups - anyone with dogs knows they can be busy.  The high energy ones anyway.  Bella and Ranger keep us on our toes.  Bella has been fighting some sort of infection and shes on steriods for her Addison's disease so she doesn't recover from them as easy.  Ranger...I don't know how else to say it.  He's two and not fixed.  Watch out.

Thanksgiving
This year has been whirlwind.  I'm so thankful for my Rock and Savior who is with me through the thick and thin, even if I don't acknowledge Him as I should.  This year has had some big bumps and big moments of trusting Jesus to be the center through it all.

I'm thankful to be bless with a husband who leads our family with confidence, who can make me laugh daily, encourages me, blesses me and makes time for me and Hudson so that we always feel like priorities. 

I'm thankful for an amazing kiddo - always brings a smile to my face.  Hudson's just an awesome kid and I could go on forever.  My heart melts when he says mom.  Or waves to me.  Or smiles at me.

Thankful for the babe to come. 
Thankful to have a roof over our heads, medical care as we've needed more of it this year, jobs, insurance. 
Thankful for family and friends.
Simply thankul.







No comments:

Post a Comment